Re: mount_ntfs: /dev/ad0s1: No such file or directory

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 12:07:43 -0500
On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 05:49:04PM +0100, Olivier Houchard wrote:
> Apparently not enough ;-)
> I'm in discussion with Bruce Evans about this, he brought up valid concerns
> about this change, maybe I'll revert it and check all consumers of vfs_getopts
> to make sure they check the return value instead.

I'm not opposed to your vfs_mount.c change since it is quite reasonable.
It's just that in the mount code in FreeBSD, over the years, a lot
of behavior has been built on unreasonable API's, so changing things
exposes weird bugs. :)

mount_ntfs should probably be converted to properly use nmount()
like mount_msdosfs.  The nmount() call path in the ntfs file system
code should probably be fixed up too.

I don't have any NTFS partitions on my FreeBSD system.  Does someone
have a small NTFS disk image that they can send me so I can implement
some of these changes and practise mounting?

--
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org