PAM problem

From: Marinos Ilias <marinosi_at_ceid.upatras.gr>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:25:23 +0200
Hello people,
I 've just upgraded a system from 6.2 to 7.0 , and sudo doesn't work anymore , giving the following error:
sudo: unable to initialize PAM: No such file or directory
Of course the sudoers entries are ok and the user has the rights to invoke sudo.Sudo was working before upgrade.

I do not know if that problem has to do with some others that occurred to the system .All ports broke(give SEGV) after the upgrade and I had to deinstall & reinstall them.Sudo was installed from ports too.Should I try to reinstall it?If yes, what can cause that error?

Thank you.