Re: ULE 2.0

From: Jeff Roberson <jroberson_at_chesapeake.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 15:46:35 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, David Xu wrote:

>> Anyway, thanks for the pointer Xu.  I may hack this up and compare it to
>> ULE's current balancing.
>
> Yesterday, I have tested super-smack benchmark on 2-cpu machine, ULE
> decreased performance about 40%, this might be a regression though.

I just fixed a regression in the load balancer.  On my 8way opteron ULE is
now 22% faster than 4BSD for select-key.smack with 32 threads.  This is
for both KSE and libthr.  libthr is of course significantly faster
overall.  I believe I can improve this even more by borrowing some tricks
from solaris.

Jeff