Re: Problems with qemu networking after recent upgrade

From: Juergen Lock <nox_at_jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 02:40:31 +0100 (CET)
In article <20070108230555.GA1274_at_mail.scottro.net> you write:

>After an upgrade Saturday (after a long period of not upgrading)
>networking in qemu has stopped working for me.  All modules load without
>trouble (unlike my recent vmware troubles.)
>
>If, in a Windows guest system, I do ipconfig, it shows a typical
>10.x.x.x qemu address.  (My home network is a 192.168.1.x and qemu has
>always worked with it.)
>
>However, if I then open up a web browser, or do anything else that
>requires Internet connectivity, I get page cannot be found.
>
>There has been no difference in what I do with qemu or how I load
>it--the only difference was the upgrade.
>
>I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or if anyone could
>give me a hint as to where to start troubleshooting it.
>
>I'm using the same pf configuration that I always used--disabling it
>didn't help.  I load aio and kqemu for qemu to work.  Aside from that, I
>do nothing special, it's always Just Worked(TM) using the default
>networking.
>

>Thank you for any input.  I'm not quite sure what my next step should be
>in troubleshooting this.  I haven't written the maintainer or filed a PR
>yet, because I have no idea if this is due to some oddity on my
>particular system or not.  (I haven't had a chance to throw a recent
>CURRENT on something else and test it there.)

Oh wow I should have catched that one... :-O  Looks like the 10.0.2.3
dns redirection is broken indeed!

 Workaround: use the host's /etc/resolv.conf in the guest (or the
nameserver(s) in there), I'll see if I can investigate further tomorrow.

 gnite,
	Juergen