Re: Problems with qemu networking after recent upgrade

From: Scott Robbins <scottro_at_nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 21:23:29 -0500
On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 02:40:31AM +0100, Juergen Lock wrote:
> In article <20070108230555.GA1274_at_mail.scottro.net> you write:
> >
> >After an upgrade Saturday (after a long period of not upgrading)
> >networking in qemu has stopped working for me.  All modules load without
> >trouble (unlike my recent vmware troubles.)
> >
> >If, in a Windows guest system, I do ipconfig, it shows a typical
> >10.x.x.x qemu address.  (My home network is a 192.168.1.x and qemu has
> >always worked with it.)
> >
> >However, if I then open up a web browser, or do anything else that
> >requires Internet connectivity, I get page cannot be found.
> >

> Oh wow I should have catched that one... :-O  Looks like the 10.0.2.3
> dns redirection is broken indeed!

>  Workaround: use the host's /etc/resolv.conf in the guest (or the
> nameserver(s) in there), I'll see if I can investigate further tomorrow.

I'm not sure if it's DNS per se.  Trying the workaround you suggested,
of putting the nameserver in the guest didn't solve it.  Also, when I
tried typing in a web address by IP rather than, for example
http://www.google.com, it still didn't work.  (I also tried playing with
the gateway settings and a few other things.)

Thank you, however, for working on it. I'm glad to know that (this time)
it isn't just me.  Also, many many thanks to Bakul, who tried to help me
privately with this.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Xander: Jeez. You mean Oz just sent for his stuff and didn't even
call her? That's pretty harsh.
Anya: I only wish I had my powers back. I'd liquefy his entrails
for her.
Xander: That's sweet.