Re: broken linuxulator in -current as of Jan 8 17:51:45 CET

From: Tijl Coosemans <tijl_at_ulyssis.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:45:30 +0100
On Wednesday 10 January 2007 17:01, Divacky Roman wrote:
> I discussed it with alexander today and I propose that installation
> of linux_base should set (or tell user to set) the osrelease to the
> version whicih is the given linux_base shipped with on default.
>
> fc4 ships with 2.6.11 kenrel and we force it to use 2.4.2 no wonder
> it doesnt work as expected

That's entirely your decision of course, I'm only a simple user, but
isn't that a bit too radical? The cause for the error was entirely
FreeBSD related (the /compat/linux trick in open() and the unfortunate
fact that FreeBSD has a librt.so.1 of its own). Otherwise fc4 works
just fine with a 2.4 kernel. Of course, if linuxulator is ready for it
then by all means.