Re: WPA-EAP problems

From: Daniel O'Connor <doconnor_at_gsoft.com.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:20:04 +1030
On Wednesday 17 January 2007 16:17, Kip Macy wrote:
> > I note that it takes Windows a long time to get a lease - it spends a
> > while saying "waiting for network to become ready".
>
> How long is "a long time"? If it is greater than 60 seconds you can
> set the timeout to greater than 60s in dhclient.conf. Alternatively,
> you can set the retry to a short interval.

60 seconds wouldn't be far off the mark..

Good point about dhclient.conf I hadn't though about checking it for knobs..

I am wondering if there is something peculiar with my (AP) setup that causes
it to take so long to auth.. Although I am loathe to fiddle with it because
it was a bit of a PITA to debug in the first place :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum