New to FreeBSD - Suspend / Resume problems

From: Neil Marjoram <n.marjoram_at_adastral.ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:43:43 +0000
This is the first serious FreeBSD install I have done on a laptop, and I
have run into an issue with suspend resume.

I have an IBM Thinkpad X31 on which I have loaded 6.1. Most things work
very well except suspend and resume. I have played with several options
and have working acpiconf -s S3, which starts up again on lid open or
button press. I have had to add in a few thing to /etc/rc.resume and
/etc/rc.suspend for mouse and wireless.

I have read several accounts of 6.1 running out of the box, but this
does not seem to be the case.

What I don't seem to be able to get running is the [FN][F4] sleep
button, it sleeps fine, but does not execute the /etc/rc.suspend and
resume scripts.

Lastly I would like to activate suspend to disk [FN][F12] but this does
not seem to function at all and I cannot find any notes on how to get
this working.

Is it possible to define the action of these buttons? I tried sysctl
dev.acpi_ibm.0.events=1, and it seems all the fuctions return codes.

Can anyone help? Do I need the acpi_tpkey? If so how do I load it.

Customisations :

/boot/loader.conf
snd_ich_load=yes
acpi_ibm_load=yes