Re: WiFi driver companies

From: Kip Macy <kip.macy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 08:11:38 -0800
It has frequently been mentioned that Ralink is open. However, I have
no vendor contact information so I cannot confirm that. For
maintaining and extending the ralink drivers I rely on the linux
driver put out by ralink as a reference. The atheros driver is
extremely well supported, and for the foreseeable future will continue
to be your best choice when using freebsd. To the best of my
knowledege the only chipset which has publicly available documentation
is the Prism II with Intersil firmware - which is supported by wi(4)
(which I wish everyone would throwaway so I could stop throwing
band-aid after band-aid at it and spend the time adding 11n support).

Cheers,

Kip