Re: Call for re(4) checksum offload testers.

From: Bill Paul <wpaul_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:13:09 +0000 (GMT)
> Based on testing with my sample adapters, I think the right thing to do
> is skip the software padding in the TCP case. It appears that even
> the older 8169 adapters that botch the small IP fragment case will correctly
> handle this small TCP segment case. I'm attaching a patch which should
> fix the problem without breaking the workaround for other NICs. If you
> verify that this patch also fixes your problem, then this patch should
> be checked in instead of the other one.

Crap... I just realized as I hit the send button that I was testing
for the wrong flag in the rl_flags field. I'm sending the patch again,
hopefully correct this time.

-Bill

-Bill Paul            (510) 749-2329 | Senior Engineer, Master of Unix-Fu
                 wpaul_at_windriver.com | Wind River Systems
              <adamw> you're just BEGGING to face the moose