Re: ssh coredump if gssapi-with-mic preferred, but no kinit done (yet)?

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 09:13:47 -0700
On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 04:01:56PM +0100, Doug Rabson wrote:
> It looks like I did break it. I should be able to repro and fix this
> as soon as I put my FreeBSD box back together (probably tomorrow). In
> the meantime, you can avoid this by rolling src/lib/libgssapi back to
> about last Friday or so.

OK; I tried precisely that, and am now able to use ssh to get from the
desktop to the other machine without first needing to run kinit(1).

Here's what I did:

* Re-boot from the CURRENT slice.

* cd /usr/src/lib/libgssapi

* cvs update -D "last Friday"
  The following files were updated:
    catmint(6.2-S)[2] cvs update -D "last Friday"
    cvs update: Updating .
    U gss_accept_sec_context.c
    U gss_display_status.c
    U gss_export_name.c
    U gss_indicate_mechs.c
    U gss_init_sec_context.c
    catmint(6.2-S)[3] ls -latr

* make clean

* make

* make install

* Login to the desktop (catmint) from a different window.

* Verify that it works:

    catmint(7.0-C)[1] ssh repo uname -a
    FreeBSD repo.mail-abuse.org 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #61: Sun Jul  1 06:28:55 PDT 2007     dhw_at_repo.mail-abuse.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP_PAE  i386
    catmint(7.0-C)[2]

Would additional poking around be of use?

I did review the typescript from the "make buildworld" yesterday for the
libgssapi files, and did not see any warnings issued.

I can, of course, make the typescripts (both from "make buildworld" and
the reversion) available to you or others; I don't see a pressing need
to spam the list with them (and the "make buildworld" would be way too
big anyhow).

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
Anything and everything is a (potential) cat toy.