Re: LiveCD trouble

From: Nikolay Pavlov <quetzal_at_zone3000.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 03:43:21 +0300
On Tuesday,  3 July 2007 at 16:49:53 +0200, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Dario Freni wrote:
>
> >Well basically FreeSBIE toolkit prepares a plain live system with some ports in it (if you choose to put them in). The FreeSBIE live cd is just an elaborated build, with some
> >configurations added. The toolkit it self is very versatile and it is used by different projects (e.g.: pfSense) to do their customised builds. It might save some time to you
> >then.
>
> The choice for me is between spending time customizing FreeSBIE kit vs time spent rolling my own. But if I don't find what the error is in my setup, I'll try it.
>
> Has anyone made a fresh issue of a LiveCD from under-the-anvil hot -CURRENT, with X11, Xfce etc.? If yes, and they didn't encounter my problems, it will certainly speed up my
> switching to FreeSBIE kit. :)

Dario right. I have not used FreeSBIE with current, but i am constantly
using my own LiveCD based on FreeSBIE modified for Datacenters mass
installation tasks and i can say that it's very customizable. I have
spend a lot on LiveCD building process before found FreeSBIE.
Just try the port and you'll see what i am talking about.

And thanks Dario for cool FreeSBIE kit :)

- Best regards, Nikolay Pavlov. <<<-----------------------------------