Re: IPW3945ABG -- Support in RELENG 7?

From: Zavam, Vinícius <egypcio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 10:51:34 -0400
2007/7/8, MaXX <maxx_at_mobistarmail.be>:
> On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 12:31:44 +0300
> Marinos Ilias <marinosi_at_ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
>
> > Hello list,
> >       Wondering what's the current state of Intel Pro Wireless Support 3945 ABG support .Anyone knows if there will be support in RELENG_7 , so we can use finally, our laptops' wifi?
>
> Hi,
> I'm aware of http://www.clearchain.com/wiki/Wpi which seems to be active and making great progress. But I think we have to be a little more patient to allow the author to finish his work, or I you feel like you can, give him some help.
>
> HTH,
> --
> MaXX

You are right. We need to be patients.
I installed the module (20070131-wpi) here into my 62release-p5 box,
but could not connect with my AP.
ClearChain[1] now says that it can be possible. I'll try it later (-:

Benjamin is doing a great job to grant support for 3945.
A month ago I wrote an email with some debugs (I used a box with
-current) and I sent they to Ben that friendly answered me with what's
wrong.

[1]; http://www.clearchain.com/wiki/Wpi

--
Zavam, Vinícius