Re: IPW3945ABG -- Support in RELENG 7?

From: Benjamin Close <Benjamin.Close_at_clearchain.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 09:17:09 +0930
Zavam, Vinícius wrote:
> 2007/7/8, MaXX <maxx_at_mobistarmail.be>:
>> On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 12:31:44 +0300
>> Marinos Ilias <marinosi_at_ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello list,
>> >       Wondering what's the current state of Intel Pro Wireless
>> Support 3945 ABG support .Anyone knows if there will be support in
>> RELENG_7 , so we can use finally, our laptops' wifi?
>>
>> Hi,
>> I'm aware of http://www.clearchain.com/wiki/Wpi which seems to be
>> active and making great progress. But I think we have to be a little
>> more patient to allow the author to finish his work, or I you feel
>> like you can, give him some help.
>>
>> HTH,
>> --
>> MaXX
>
> You are right. We need to be patients.
> I installed the module (20070131-wpi) here into my 62release-p5 box,
> but could not connect with my AP.
> ClearChain[1] now says that it can be possible. I'll try it later (-:
>
> Benjamin is doing a great job to grant support for 3945.
> A month ago I wrote an email with some debugs (I used a box with
> -current) and I sent they to Ben that friendly answered me with what's
> wrong.
>
> [1]; http://www.clearchain.com/wiki/Wpi

Hi Folks,
    First off, thanks for the many votes of confidence. Whilst I'd like
to see wpi support in 7.0, there's still a long way to go before it
becomes stable. At present it can *almost* pass packets but there's
still a few race conditions that exist and there is currently
limited/untested support for ibss or hostap modes. Since 7.0-Current is
already in a code freeze, I wouldn't get your hopes up... chances are
slim at best.

Cheers,
    Benjamin