Re: status of 7.0

From: Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri <almarrie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 21:42:41 +0300
On 7/8/07, Rene Ladan <r.c.ladan_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Marc UBM Bocklet schreef:
> >

> > I'd like to do some testing, but I'm a little bit afraid of the upgrade
> > procedure 6.2-stable to -current. Is it possible to do a simple upgrade
> > if I follow the guidelines in UPGRADE or are there any hidden caveats?
> > (like "you've to recompile all installed ports", etc. :-))
> >
> [...don't try this on a production box...]

I run AMD64 arch in my server Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 with 2 GB of ram,
with SCHED_SMP and I have no real problems.

I did that to gain the SCHED peformance was done in 7.0 and MySQL
5.0.41 runs with no single issue or crash since 2 weeks with SCHED_SMP
and since 2 months with SCHED_ULE in both i386 and AMD64.

AMD64 runs MySQL faster, and Jeff removed more giant locked which made
it performs better.
So it's not a real problem trying it in heavy production server.

--
Regards,

-Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri
Arab Portal