cached update flaws...

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 10:41:52 +0200
Hi,

somehow cached doesn't work as I think it should work. I have a jail
in which I use cached. There I wanted to install doxygen. As part of
this cups (dependency from qt) is build. The cups port adds a cups
user and group. After adding the group/user the configure script
checks for the user. This fails as cached doesn't know about the added
user. I have to restart cached to see the user/group (tested with "pw
groupshow cups").

Are my expectations about cached wrong, or is it misbehaving?

And while we are at it, is there really a need to print the cached
version number and the fact that it was developed during GSoC 2005 at
each start? It clutters the visual appearance at boot time.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Lord, defend me from my friends; I can account for my enemies.
		-- Charles D'Hericault

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137