ums, Microsoft Wireless Presenter mouse

From: Nathan Lay <nslay_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 01:03:23 -0400
Hi list,
I was pleased that my Microsoft Wireless Presenter mouse successfully
attaches with CURRENT ums without fiddling with the source.  I had to
write a patch to use it with 6.2 (I submitted it to the drivers
list...probably the wrong place to submit it).  However, button bit
positions and x,y,z,t positions do not register properly (This mouse
reports mostly lies).  I see a newly added quirks section for the
Microsoft wireless optical mouse, though, is there a way I can
gracefully add the quirks for this particular mouse too?
Additionally, this mouse has 5 extra buttons on the bottom that serve
for presentation purposes, though the mouse doesn't actually report
them.  The mouse has some sort of mode or status byte that can indicate
whether the bottom 5 presentation buttons are in use or if the normal
buttons are in use.  I don't think this support would be too difficult
to add, I'm just not sure how useful it is or how to add the support
such that it isn't disruptive to other mice.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=085

Best Regards,
Nathan Lay