Re: ums, Microsoft Wireless Presenter mouse

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 01:29:27 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <4693131B.8090306_at_comcast.net>
            Nathan Lay <nslay_at_comcast.net> writes:
: Hi list,
: I was pleased that my Microsoft Wireless Presenter mouse successfully
: attaches with CURRENT ums without fiddling with the source.  I had to
: write a patch to use it with 6.2 (I submitted it to the drivers
: list...probably the wrong place to submit it).  However, button bit
: positions and x,y,z,t positions do not register properly (This mouse
: reports mostly lies).  I see a newly added quirks section for the
: Microsoft wireless optical mouse, though, is there a way I can
: gracefully add the quirks for this particular mouse too?
: Additionally, this mouse has 5 extra buttons on the bottom that serve
: for presentation purposes, though the mouse doesn't actually report
: them.  The mouse has some sort of mode or status byte that can indicate
: whether the bottom 5 presentation buttons are in use or if the normal
: buttons are in use.  I don't think this support would be too difficult
: to add, I'm just not sure how useful it is or how to add the support
: such that it isn't disruptive to other mice.
:
: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=085
:

Please send me a usbdevs -v output and I'll get you started.

Warner