Re: FAST_IPSEC is now IPSEC, please be advised...

From: VANHULLEBUS Yvan <vanhu_bsd_at_zeninc.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:26:57 +0200
On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 05:41:04AM +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, gnn_at_freebsd.org wrote:
> >At Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:49:37 +0200,
> >Peter Blok wrote:

Hi all.

[KAME's IPSec removal and ipsec-tools]
> I have a preliminary hackish patch. The problem is that I have other
> patches in there as well. I'll have to disunite them.
>
> I was hoping that ipsec-tools would release earlier so that the gcc4
> compile issues would have been solved already only leaving us with the
> directory changes for the #inlcude files...

Ipsec-tools 0.7.0 Release (which includes gcc4 fixes) should have been
released this week.
We did NOT release it until now for various reasons, including the
fact that I hoped we could fix this include problem for 0.7.0 release.

But if it is quite simple to fix for -HEAD, which now only have
netipsec/ipsec.h, it is harder to solve cleanly for older versions,
which have both netinet6/ipsec.h and netipsec/ipsec.h, and on which I
just don't know how to guess which one we should use.

I think I'll commit today a patch to detect the case where we only
have netipsec/ipsec.h (so it will compile again on -HEAD), and we'll
keep the netinet6/ipsec.h Vs netipsec/ipsec.h problem as an open issue
until someone gives me a clean way to decide which one we should use
when we found both.

Yvan.

--
NETASQ