Re: RFT: bin/106642: [patch] Allow excluding certain files from mergemaster (8)

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:08:40 -0700
Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Doug Barton wrote:
>
> DB> > About pre-script which you suggested, there is another problem -- I MAY
> DB> > have new scripts in /etc/rc.d, but NEVER change the system's scripts.
> DB>
> DB> Simple answer, don't do that. Put your scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d
> DB> instead, and as of 6.1 and newer they will be included in the base
> DB> rcorder. Therefore there will be no difference in when they are run.
> DB> There is a default assumption that stuff in /etc/rc.d is the systems,
> DB> and the systems only. Now that local scripts (including ports) are in
> DB> the base rcorder, there is no reason not to do it that way.
>
> The first exclusion in mind would be scripts that should be running before
> mounting file systems other than root...

My recommendation in that scenario would be to play with the value of
early_late_divider until you got something that worked for you. That's
why I made it a variable. :)

If there is a particular combination of things that have to happen
that early_late_divider won't work for, I'd be interested in hearing
that so that we could look at possibly adjusting the code if it's
possible.

Doug