Re: Strange performance characteristics with ZFS

From: Brian Donnell <bdonnell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 23:45:11 -0400
When I was experimenting with ZFS over NFS I had similar experiences.  Do me
a favor and try something that sounds a little out there.  On a shell on the
ZFS machine set up a looping script that executes an ls on the directory
you're writing the file to once every second and watch your transfer rates.
I noticed a marked improvement, but I could never determine if it was ZFS or
the client NFS implementation.

-- Brian