Re: Strange performance characteristics with ZFS

From: Steven Schlansker <stevenschlansker_at_berkeley.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 21:43:30 -0700
That turned out to be a particularly bad idea.  As soon as I executed
that on the server, the client's cpu pegged!  Despite the fact that
there is about 5MB/s transfer over the network, the client is no longer
making any progress on the copy.  The nfsd processes on the bsd server
are still happily chugging away serving data in the same fits and bursts
as before, but the linux machine receiving the data doesn't seem to be
doing anything with it.  I restarted the nfsd and mountd processes,
I'll let it run for a bit...

Aha.  It corrupted data.  Now I have to start the copy over again :/

This is not good!  Anything else I can try?  (Hopefully without making
the process fail :-p )

Thanks!