Re: Reminder: NET_NEEDS_GIANT, debug.mpsafenet going away in

From: Scott Bennett <bennett_at_cs.niu.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:07:55 -0500 (CDT)
  [Cc: list trimmed a bit more  --SB]
     On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:42:14 +0200 Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net>

>[ Excess CC-list ... testers needed!!! ]
>
>On Tuesday 17 July 2007, Robert Watson wrote:

     I missed Robert Watson's start of thread, so I'm jumping in here
with a question.

>> Dear all:
>>
>> This is a reminder e-mail that, in the very near future, Giant
>> compatibility shims for network protocols will be removed.

     How, if at all, will this affect qemu users?  qemu exits unless
AIO is present in the kernel (or aio.ko has been kldload-ed).  In
FreeBSD 6.2, AIO results in a warning message at boot time that says
AIO is not MPSAFE and that therefore the networking stack will take a
deep performance hit.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG