Re: stopping ndis caused fatal trap 12

From: Andrew Thompson <thompsa_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:15:59 +1200
On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 06:07:37PM -0500, Scot Hetzel wrote:
> On 7/15/07, Andrew Thompson <thompsa_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> >On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 05:32:32AM -0500, Scot Hetzel wrote:
> >> hp010# uname -a
> >> FreeBSD hp010 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0: Sat Jul 14 02:20:09
> >> CDT 2007     root_at_hp010:/usr/src/7x/sys-p4/amd64/compile/GENERIC.debug
> >> amd64
> >>
> >> I was testing wpa_supplicant at work, and couldn't get it to associate
> >> with the network (open, no encryption), and so I had hardcoded the
> >> network.  When I went home and booted the system, it still had the
> >> hardcoded wireless network configured.  I then did a netif stop ndis0,
> >> made the change to set ndis to "WPA DHCP", then when I used 'netif
> >> start ndis0', it didn't obtain an IP.  So I performed an 'netif stop
> >> ndis0' and received the following panic:
> >>
> >So back to the ndis association problem. Did the card find the access
> >point? you can list the scan cache from 'ifconfig ndis0 list scan'.
> >

> ifconfig ndis0 scan ; ifconfig ndis0 list scan don't return with any
> results, but if I run wpa_cli, and do a scan and scan_results it lists
> the APs.
>
> I applied your patch from the previous post and ran the following commands.
>
> hp010# sysctl net.wlan.0.debug=0xffffffff
> net.wlan.0.debug: 0 -> -1

You must be running amd64 :)

Its probably best to install wlandebug from /usr/src/tools and use that.

> hp010# ifconfig ndis0 scan
> === see ndis_dmesg2 ====
> hp010# ifconfig ndis0 list scan
> hp010#

I have found various problems that I have started fixing up.
wpa_supplicant bypasses most of these which is why its able to run
better. I will send you a patch at the end of the week for testing.

cheers,
Andrew