Error while upgrading FreeBSD-Release6.1 to CURRENT

From: blue <susan.lan_at_zyxel.com.tw>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:02:20 +0800
Dear all:

I have a problem while upgrading FreeBSD-6.1 to CURRENT. First of all, I
encountered config version mismatch. So I re-buildworld, and that error
disappeared. However, gcc version for FreeBSD-6.1 seems old since
CURRENT needs version 4.x. So I went to ports tree and install latest
gcc4.2. But after buildkernel, there was still error message: cc1:
error: unrecognized command line option "-mno-align-long-strings"
                                    cc1: error: unrecognized command
line option "-fformat-extensions"

I don't know what else I could do. Please help me out.

Thanks.

blue