Re: Error while upgrading FreeBSD-Release6.1 to CURRENT

From: Alexander Kabaev <kabaev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:06:49 -0400
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:02:20 +0800
blue <susan.lan_at_zyxel.com.tw> wrote:

> Dear all:
>
> I have a problem while upgrading FreeBSD-6.1 to CURRENT. First of
> all, I encountered config version mismatch. So I re-buildworld, and
> that error disappeared. However, gcc version for FreeBSD-6.1 seems
> old since CURRENT needs version 4.x. So I went to ports tree and
> install latest gcc4.2. But after buildkernel, there was still error
> message: cc1: error: unrecognized command line option
> "-mno-align-long-strings" cc1: error: unrecognized command
> line option "-fformat-extensions"
>
> I don't know what else I could do. Please help me out.

Please follow documented procedure for upgrades, especially when
going from one major release to another. This involved using 'make
buildworld; make buildkernel; make installkernel; make reboot; make
installworld'.

What you did was circumventing the rules and you were rightfully bitten
by your own actions.

--
Alexander Kabaev