Re: pf(4) status in 7.0-R

From: Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 18:26:10 +0200
On Friday 01 June 2007, Greg Hennessy wrote:
> > ditto.  I'd like to import a couple of features on a per-feature base
> > rather than doing a complete import which isn't possible anymore due
> > to SMP and routing code changes.
>
> Is the inability to completely sync PF with the latest OpenBSD release
> cast in stone for here on, or it an issue of resource to do ?

Oh, and to answer to this part as well ... I'd like to keep the user
interface as similar as possible, but the internal workings will and have
to diverge due to different takes on SMP and other infrastructure.  Also
coming FreeBSD specific features (e.g. netgraph) will make a verbatim
sync impossible.

--
/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier_at_freebsd.org
 X   http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/  | mlaier_at_EFnet