Re: pf(4) status in 7.0-R

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:40:50 +0200
Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no> writes:
> > Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net> writes:
> > > Anything else?
> > ftp-proxy(8) and tftp-proxy(8) would be nice...
> ... I'm at it.  Could you maybe lend a hand with importing libevent[1]
> which is a requirement for ftp-proxy now?  It should make a good addition
> to base anyhow - as a convenient (and portable) interface to kqueue.

Convenient and portable, but buggy as hell - we used it in Varnish to
begin with but had to ditch it due to a combination of design flaws and
bugs.  It also suffers from creeping featuritis - the latest version
includes a DNS resolver and a full HTTP implementation...  it's only a
matter of time before it grows a lisp interpreter and a mail reader.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no