ZFS compatibility

From: Joe S <js.lists_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 11:43:22 -0700
I am setting up a new fileserver for personal use. I have 3x 300GB
SATA drives for data storage and they are connected to a SIIG Serial
ATA 4-channel RAID card. I'm not going to use the crappy RAID on the
SIIG card. I want to use ZFS, however I don't want to run and keep up
with CURRENT. In the meantime, if I install Solaris 10 for x86, and
create a ZFS pools and filesystems, will I be able to just install
FreeBSD 7.0 RELEASE (when ready) on the OS drive and then mount my ZFS
filesystems on the 3x SATA drives?