Re: Threading breaking FreeBSD Foundation's Java?

From: Walter Vaughan <wvaughan_at_steelerubber.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 20:13:18 -0400
Marcus Alves Grando wrote:

> Walter Vaughan wrote:

>>> Or test the proposed port so that we have increased confidence that it
>>> actually does what it is supposed to ;-)
>>

>> Actually I would LOVE to do that but I couldn't turn up instructions.
>>
>> How do I get the compat6x port into my ports collection. I just did a
>> cvsup and its not in misc.
>

> fetch http://people.freebsd.org/~mnag/compat6x.shar
> sh compat6x.shar
> cd compat6x
> make all install clean
>
> Enjoy

Argh.

Did that first w/o the "all" option

Then I fetched latest current
put option COMPAT_FREEBSD6 in MYKERNEL
make -j24 buildworld
make -j24 buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
make installkernel
make installworld

deinstalled & distcleaned compat6x
then did make all install clean

ran the java class and same error...
whining about libpthread
and a core dump

got upset stomach

Then decided to re-compile the java file and re-execute the .class file
*NO MORE libpthread errors!
still a core dump though...

PROGRESS!

Thanks everyone