Dualhead with nv (was Re: ZFS tuning tips?)

From: Craig Boston <craig_at_xfoil.gank.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:58:49 -0500
On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 12:28:01PM -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
> The nv 2d driver supports randr 1.2 on the G80, so it would be a matter
> of getting our server updated and updating to the latest nv driver (I've
> left the server alone so that things could settle with the xorg upgrade
> for a while).

Mine's actually a G70, but thanks for the tip anyway.  I found that a
hack has recently been added to enable both heads using VBE calls.

Indeed, installing the 2.0.96 experimental driver and enabling DualHead
seems to work well enough for my needs.  Only big problem is missing
Xinerama info, but I think this [ http://ktown.kde.org/~seli/fakexinerama/ ]
may be helpful.

Craig