Re: panic when removing pccard

From: Niki Denev <nike_d_at_cytexbg.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:06:20 +0300
Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Friday 08 June 2007 10:31, Niki Denev wrote:

>> I experience the following panic on a few days old -current :
>>
>> If i insert and then remove a pcmcia card using the ubsa module
>> (Vodafone Mobile Connect, which actually is Huawei E630 UMTS/HSDPA modem)
>> the machine panics, because i think the order of removal of the devices
>> by the kernel is not correct. I'm not sure because i don't have -STABLE
>> machine with pcmcia now, but i think this problem does not exist there.
>>
>> Here is what happens when card is inserted :
>>

> Hi!
>
> If you want to be able to remove the card you need to install the new USB
> stack. The old USB stack is completely broken when it comes to this point!
>
> --HPS
>
> http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/usb4bsd
>
> Install the SVN version.

I've followed the instructions and did a svn checkout of the source,
then did make install and after this i rebuilt my kernel and modules (i
had to disable if_ural)
But even after this i get the same panic when removing this specific card.

P.S.: How can i be sure that my new kernel and modules are using the new
USB stack?
I'm thinking that maybe something got wrong with the installation.