ZFS status now in June? / stable enough for a file server?

From: Olivier Mueller <om-lists-bsd_at_omx.ch>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:13:38 +0200
Hello,

I have to setup a file storage server (non-critcal, just as secondary
backup server) and I am wondering if would be a realistic idea to start
using ZFS. I spent some time browsing the lists and newsgroups, and the
status wiki page looks "good": http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFS .

The http://www.freebsd.org/releng/index.html page also states:
June 2007	Start FreeBSD 7.0 Release Process, so this may also be
a positive point about overall stability? :)

It would be to store lots of data, and the FS-compression feature of ZFS
would be quite interesting for this server.  Of course I'd be glad to
help debugging any issues I may see.

So if you are already using ZFS in "pre-production", I would be glad for
a short "go/no go" feedback, thanks :-)

regards,
Olivier