Re: ZFS status now in June? / stable enough for a file server?

From: Claus Guttesen <kometen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:14:11 +0200
> The http://www.freebsd.org/releng/index.html page also states:
> June 2007       Start FreeBSD 7.0 Release Process, so this may also be
> a positive point about overall stability? :)
>
> It would be to store lots of data, and the FS-compression feature of ZFS
> would be quite interesting for this server.  Of course I'd be glad to
> help debugging any issues I may see.
>
> So if you are already using ZFS in "pre-production", I would be glad for
> a short "go/no go" feedback, thanks :-)

I've been testing freebsd current on amd64 using zfs for all
partitions except for /, /etc, /boot as a samba-server and haven't
seen any problems regarding stability. I have approx. 8.2 TB of
storage and it has been very stable after the gcc 4.2 upgrade.

We are phasing this server into production this afternoon. Overall
Pawel's work porting zfs to FreeBSD has been a tremendous effort :-)
Kudos to him.

--
regards
Claus

the gentlest gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare