Re: panic: sbdrop

From: Kris Kennaway <kris_at_obsecurity.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 00:16:42 -0500
On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 09:41:12PM +0000, Robert Watson wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Paulius Bulotas wrote:
>
> >we have two Sun Fire X4100 running quite recent current: FreeBSD
> >7.0-CURRENT #0: Fri Feb 23 21:12:46 EET 2007
> >root_at_anti:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64
> >
> >and they both panic once a day or two with:
>
> If this is the panic I think it is, I have a patch that may help at:
>
>   http://www.watson.org/~robert/freebsd/netperf/20070223-udp-sbdrop.diff
>
> I've handed this patch off to Kris to test but as you've no doubt seen from
> the lists, he's being kept well out of trouble with all the scalability
> work, so I've not had a definitive answer as to whether it resolves the
> issues for him.

It's hard to prove a negative but I didnt see a repetition of the
panic during the stressing after I applied it, I wasn't able to leave
it running for a long period though so it's not definitive.  I am
hoping to try to put it on pointyhat which was seeing the panic
regularly (once a day or so).

Kris