Re: multisegment bus_dmamem_alloc()

From: Mark Linimon <linimon_at_lonesome.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:58:55 -0600
On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 09:03:31AM -0700, Scott Long wrote:
> Looking at bktr, it's not at all clear to me why the author felt that
> FreeBSD didn't support bus_dmamem_alloc.

The bktr author has been gone from the project for several years, and the
code had been neglected for a while before that.  The PRs against it reflect
this (that's the only reason I know about this driver; I wound up resetting
the PR assignments).

So this isn't a case of someone not following the standards, this is just
plain old bitrot.  With bugmeister hat on, I'd be glad to see someone pick
up this driver and fix it.

mcl