Re: current panics when Netgear WG511T ejected (and other NICs too)

From: Bruce M. Simpson <bms_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:00:01 +0100
Tom Uffner wrote:

> thank you very much.

You're welcome.

> that appears to have fixed it for the Netgear card, and presumably any
> other well-behaved cardbus NIC that had the same problem.

Thanks. This fix should go in to -current shortly; it looks like
rt_newmaddrmsg() does not check NULL pointers for situations where ifp
has been nulled out.

Andre reported a problem with multi refcounting on an SMP machine. The
ifma instances in that case are protocol, not link layer, ifma
instances. I am currently investigating.

> my Linksys Etherfast card which previously had the same panic, no longer
> panics on eject, but it still does some weird stuff when inserted &
> ejected:

I think this may be related to the recent cardbus / pci /
bus_alloc_resource changes.

Regards,
BMS