Re: Latest -current complete lockup (tcp changes?)

From: Andre Oppermann <andre_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:18:46 +0200
Andrey Chernov wrote:

>>>I'll give a CVSup / upgrade a try and see what happens.
>>
>>Additional non-default details from my machine which may (or may not)
>>affect the thing:
>

> Yet one detail about lockup: external pings to the machine works in the
> lockup situation, but no any TCP services is available.
> Attempting to press power button to initiate soft reboot says that "acpi
> ... not ready yet".

This bug is really strange and there is no direct and obvious explanation.
A leaked TCP_INFO lock can't really be the cause of the problem as Robert
explained.

Could you revert sys/netinet/tcp_input.c back to rev. 1.327 while leaving
all others at HEAD and look if the bug can be reproduced?

--
Andre