Re: Latest -current complete lockup (tcp changes?)

From: Niclas Zeising <niclas.zeising_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:10:05 +0200
On 3/27/07, Andre Oppermann <andre_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> Andrey Chernov wrote:

> >>Additional non-default details from my machine which may (or may not)
> >>affect the thing:
> >

> > Yet one detail about lockup: external pings to the machine works in the
> > lockup situation, but no any TCP services is available.
> > Attempting to press power button to initiate soft reboot says that "acpi
> > ... not ready yet".
>
> This bug is really strange and there is no direct and obvious explanation.
> A leaked TCP_INFO lock can't really be the cause of the problem as Robert
> explained.
>
> Could you revert sys/netinet/tcp_input.c back to rev. 1.327 while leaving
> all others at HEAD and look if the bug can be reproduced?
>
> --
> Andre

I've had troubles with the recent changes in tcp_sack.c and
tcp_imout.c as well. It panics on a "Sleeping while holding
non-sleeable lock"  I've posted tracebacks earlier on this list (same
thread) but I'm at work now and don't have them around to test.

The problem might have been solved in the most recent change, but I
haven't really confirmed it, only that it takes a longer while for the
computer to panic. It was too late last night for any extensive
testing.

Regards!
//Niclas