Re: 6.2 Release install CD crashes at BTX loader on a VIA Eden processor.

From: John Clark <jclark_at_metricsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:55:37 -0800
Kurt Jaeger schrieb:

> And:
>
>   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2007-January/032446.html
>   The btx code can't deal with BIOSes which want to enter
>   protected mode to service the I/Os. USB support in most BIOSen generally
>   does this. I see the same issue with FreeBSD's pxeboot and the PXE
>   client in Etherboot.

Yes, well... I am using a USB device, and I was so brain dead as to be
changing the IDE setup... Unfortunately
this PC board I don't think as an official IDE interface. It has the
mini for a laptop disk, and I don't have a
converter handy...

I think I may install the system on the disk with another machine,
older, more IDE interfaces, etc. then
bring the disk back to my target.

Thanks,
John Clark.