6.2 Release install CD crashes at BTX loader on a VIA Eden processor.

From: John Clark <jclark_at_metricsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:01:30 -0800
I have a need to set up a FreeBSD bases system. However, the install
disk crashes
in the BTX loader.

I don't have the ability to capture the output exactly, however, the
final lines before
the register dump is:

BTX Loader 1.00 BTX version is 1.01
console: internal video/keyboard

--------

The BIOS supports either a integrated video/ps2-keyboard or a serial port
for a consol. However, for this activity I have the video/keyboard setup for
the console, and have disabled the serial port option in the BIOS.

On searching I saw some reference to setting up PIO in the BIOS, and I have
tried all 'modes' that were available for the PIO option in the board's
BIOS.

All have the same effect.

A couple of questions come to mind.

1) Is there a known work around or later snapshot that has corrected this
problem.

2) Is there a cross development/build setup similar to NetBSD so I can
recompile the world on a Linux platform.

Thanks,
John Clark.