Re: Improved INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE

From: Oliver Fromme <olli_at_lurza.secnetix.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:02:58 +0200 (CEST)
Wojciech A. Koszek wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > No objection from me, but please fix it so include files
 > > are also included in the kernel.
 > >
 > > Many of my kernel config files have only few lines (e.g.
 > > "options SMP" and "include MYKERNEL").  Currently, the
 > > INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE feature only includes those two lines,
 > > rendering that feature useless (and even potentially
 > > dangerous if someone relies on his config to be in the
 > > kernel).
 >
 > You'll get full configuration file, no matter what you include. After
 > redirecting it to file, you'll be able to compile the kernel with no
 > additional modifications.

That sounds OK.  Will that fix be MFCed back to RELENG_6?
I could really use it, because I often use include files
in kernel configurations.

By the way, it would be cool to have an ELF section in the
kernel that contains a .tar.gz with the kernel config and
all included files.

No, just kidding.  Couldn't resist.  :-)

Best regards
   Oliver

"IRIX is about as stable as a one-legged drunk with hypothermia
in a four-hundred mile per hour wind, balancing on a banana
peel on a greased cookie sheet -- when someone throws him an
elephant with bad breath and a worse temper."
        -- Ralf Hildebrandt