Re: [head tinderbox] failure on i386/i386

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:11:53 +0200
Scott Long <scottl_at_samsco.org> writes:
> The tinderboxes have stricter compile flags than the normal buildworld
> environment.  The hope is that we'll be able to go to -O2 as the default
> optimization someday, which requires the stricter flags.  I think what
> you're missing here is the -fstrict-aliasing flag.

No, the tinderbox just uses -O2 (which implies -fno-strict-aliasing).
I highly recommend compiling with -O2, not just for the performance
advantages, and not just for the additional warnings it enables, but
also because of the additional coverage analysis (required for better
optimization) which results in more accurate warnings.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no