Re: (no subject)

From: Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri <almarrie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 22:06:25 +0300
On 5/4/07, David Kalliecharan <davidkallie_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone!
> I seem to have run into a snag as I am trying to install FreeBSD Stable or
> Current (preferrable stable) on a HP Pavilion dv6308ca AMD Turion X2, No
> avail not even with current (installer lags?) due to the ACPI? Cannot
> upgrade bios because it is at the highest version.
> Anyway I was wondering about installing FreeBSD Stable on a
>     Compaq Presario AMD Sempron Processor 3500+ 1.8GHz Laptop (V6317CA) -
> Future Shop Exclusive
>
> Will this go through the same problems as a dv6308ca pavilion? The reason I
> ask for the compaq presario is that it has a sempron and will hopefully not
> go through the same problem as a AMD turion X2. Any information will be
> appreciated!
> --
> Dave

I got the same problem with Acer Aspire 5102 which has same cpu as
your AMD Turion64 X2 1.6 Ghz.

I'm sure it's related to the bios, I wonder why FreeBSD install CD
can't boot in some laptops while windows and Linux always can boot.

The ACPI has been updated in current, I don't know why you can't get
the FreeBSD install VD to boot at all.

Maybe some dev can shed the light on this.
--
Regards,

-Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri
Arab Portal