Re: Functional RAID controller?

From: adam radford <aradford_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 14:05:42 -0700
Barrett,

If you have "a good idea what's wrong with the twa driver", would you mind
sharing a stack trace or other information?  So far I have only been told that
"system hangs when I do heavy I/O".  This is _not_ reproducable here.
Have you run memtest86 on the machine?  Have you run a PCI analyzer on
your machine to see who is on the PCI bus before/during the hang?

When I talked to your associates, they didn't have options DDB, KDB, or WITNESS
even compiled in.

You claim the hang doesn't happen on the 6.2 series twa driver,
the driver changes between the 6.x and 7.x twa driver are _very_ minimal,
some simple time keeping changes, and some XPT_* path inquiry handling
changes.

3ware/AMCC is still very much so supporting BSD and we have many customers.
I have sent a patch to Scott Long for the 6.X tree very recently (like
2 weeks ago)
to support the 9650SE series controllers.

I am sorry that you are frustrated.  There are plans to make a patch
update to the 7.0
FreeBSD tree, but we cannot send it at this time.

I am really surprised that you are trying to design servers around the
FreeBSD un-stable
kernel.

-Adam