RE: Experiences with 7.0-CURRENT and vmware.

From: Greg Larkin <glarkin_at_sourcehosting.net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:37:03 -0400

Hi Darren,

Have you tried modifying the .vmx file after you've created the VM?
For instance, I want to use the em driver with my FreeBSD 6.2 VMs, so
my .vmx file contains these lines:

Ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"
Ethernet1.virtualDev = "e1000"

I had to change them manually from:

Ethernet0.virtualDev = "vlance"
Ethernet1.virtualDev = "vlance"

Perhaps you can force the virtual devices to vlance, if they are not
already configured that way.

Regards,
Greg Larkin