Re: em driver

From: Randy Bush <randy_at_psg.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 05:46:04 +0200
LI Xin wrote:
> Randy Bush wrote:
>> could the em driver have been borked by the recent changes such that
>> once a day or so it went out for a few minutes to an hour?  if so, did
>> the changes three days ago fix it?
> What do you mean by "went out"?  According to my understanding 1.175 of
> if_em.c seems to fix the case where em(4) fails to attach on certain
> hardware...

running fine.  stops moving packets for five to 60 minutes.  starts moving
packets again.  all with no intervention, in rack, long way away.  e.g. see
two stops in

    http://rip.psg.com/~randy/070514.em0-borkage.png

no other hosts with same symptom, though three with em ethers updated at
same time.

and, of course, it used to work fine until cvsup of May 8 12:03 (gmt).
everything always "used to work." :)

randy