Re: panic: mutex tcp owned at /usr/src/sys/netinet/tcp_input.c:2475

From: Attilio Rao <attilio_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 19:44:52 +0200
Stefan Bethke wrote:

> Am 14.05.2007 um 10:05 schrieb Kris Kennaway:
>
>> On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 09:57:13AM +0200, Stefan Bethke wrote:
>>
>>> OK, got it. However, it's a bit more than I'm willing to hand-
>>> transcribe :-)
>>>
>>> Any way of saving this info without a serial console or a digital
>>> camera?
>>>
>>> I'll try to get a serial port the next couple of days...
>>
>> I think ktrdump can operate on a core.
>
> Sorry, the first file was truncated. For the benefit of the list, I've
> uploaded it here:
> http://www.lassitu.de/freebsd/20070510/
> http://www.lassitu.de/freebsd/20070510/ktrdump.txt.gz

Hello Stefan,
thanks a lot for your effort, I've seen exactly what I expected (a
leaked recursion on 0xffffff002ae8dbd8 mutex (that I suspect is "TCP").
Since none of us can do on-line debugging in your machine, can you
please download that patch, apply it, recompile your kernel and doing
these tests again?:
http://users.gufi.org/~rookie/works/patches/kern_mutex.diff

It will give a good understanding of where the recursion happens and
where probabilly expected unrecursion fails.

Thanks,
Attilio