Re: panic: mutex tcp owned at /usr/src/sys/netinet/tcp_input.c:2475

From: Stefan Bethke <stb_at_lassitu.de>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 21:46:51 +0200
Am 15.05.2007 um 19:44 schrieb Attilio Rao:

> I've seen exactly what I expected (a leaked recursion on
> 0xffffff002ae8dbd8 mutex (that I suspect is "TCP").
> Since none of us can do on-line debugging in your machine, can you
> please download that patch, apply it, recompile your kernel and
> doing these tests again?:
> http://users.gufi.org/~rookie/works/patches/kern_mutex.diff
>
> It will give a good understanding of where the recursion happens
> and where probabilly expected unrecursion fails.

Uploaded the ktrdump to http://www.lassitu.de/freebsd/20070510/
ktrdump-20070515a.txt.gz, the matching backtrace is at http://
www.lassitu.de/freebsd/20070510/kgdb-20070515a.txt.

BTW, I'm having terrible trouble getting the dumps to be picked up by
savecore; four times out of five it says there isn't one, although
the dump completed seemingly without problems.  I've tried disabling
swapping to the dump partition and switching off minidumps to no avail.

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb_at_lassitu.de>   Fon +49 170 346 0140