Re: msk watchdog timeout

From: Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 14:43:22 +0900
On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 11:45:39PM -0500, Li-Lun Leland Wang wrote:
 > On 5/20/07, Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh_at_gmail.com> wrote:
 > > comes
 > > the

 > > > I do reckon that MSI doesn't work on earlier Intel chipsets.  Mine is
 > > > P965 (on a gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 rev 1.3), which I suppose is recent
 > > > enough to support MSI, isn't it?  Or could there be other problems
 > >
 > >Using latest chipsets does not necessarily guarantee working MSI.
 >
 > I see.  I think we should maybe add P965 to the PCI quirk list for
 > broken MSI, then?

I don't have systems that use P965 so I'm not sure whether MSI
support is broken or not on the chipset. If other drivers that
supports MSI does not work too it would be strong indication
of broken MSI implementation.

 > > > possible?
 > > >

 > >Yes. But I couldn't find possible issue on msk(4) yet.
 >
 > Maybe I was not clear enough.  Could there be something else that
 > causes MSI to not working correctly other than the chipset?  I was
 > just wondering why I didn't see too many broken MSI reports if most
 > Intel chipsets are broken.

Since msk(4) with MSI is working without issues on my box I guess
there is not much to do in msk(4).

 > -- llwang
 >
 > P.S.  I do greatly appreciate your efforts on msk(4).

You're welcome.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon